Yes! All Dewesoft data acquisition devices are factory calibrated before sent from our production to a final customer. All signal conditioners are checked for measurement precision and functionality to its slightest detail. Factory calibration certificate is issued with 1-year validity.
Instrument Calibration Services
- FACTORY CALIBRATION: All Dewesoft measurement instruments are shipped with a traceable factory calibration certificate and validity of 1 year. Factory calibration follows the same calibration methods as ISO certification.
- WORLDWIDE CALIBRATION LABS: Dewesoft offers it's own factory calibration labs in all big countries with fast response times so your units can be recalibrated in the shortest possible time.
- ISO 17025 CALIBRATION: On customer request, we perform traceable ISO 17025 certification in-house at Dewesoft accredited calibration laboratory.
- CALIBRATION SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE: Automated calibration procedure not only checks analog input/output ranges but also perform all amplifier and overall instrument functionality.
- GPS AND INS/IMU CALIBRATION: Our navigational GPS and Inertial navigation systems can also be factory calibrated using the same calibration methods as our data acquisition systems.
- SENSOR CALIBRATION: IEC and ANSI acoustic calibrations are offered for the sound and acoustic sensors as well as sound measurement devices. Factory and ISO calibration are possible for all our current sensors and current transducers as well as your existing current transducers.
Why Is Calibration Needed?
Calibration is a fundamental step in the process of measurement. It ensures that the instrument used for testing accurately indicates the required measurement parameter and that the instrument is performing to its specification.
Traceability is a fundamental principle in any type of calibration work. Measurement traceability describes how a calibration result - usually quoted on a certificate of calibration - can be traced back through a chain of calibrations to a calibration standard.
The standard ISO 10012-1 defines calibration as “operations which establish, under specified conditions, the relationship between values indicated by a measuring instrument or measuring system, or values represented by a material measure, or reference material, and the corresponding values of a quantity realized by a reference standard”.
According to the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), the purpose of calibration is:
- To know the uncertainty that can be achieved with the measuring instrument.
- To confirm whether or not there has been any alteration of the measuring instrument that could create doubt about the results.
- To improve the estimation of the deviation between a reference value and the value obtained using a measurement instrument, as well as the uncertainty of this deviation, at the time the instrument is actually used.
Factory Calibration and Conformance Test
All Dewesoft data acquisition systems are calibrated and checked for conformance tests before they leave our headquarters to you.
The ISO standardization process requires a periodic check of the measurement equipment. If your organization requires this you can either annually send back your Dewesoft instrument to the factory for inspection, or – if you own a larger number of measurement channels – build up a new or extend your existing calibration lab.
Dewesoft DS-CAL-BOX Calibration Device
DS-CAL-BOX is our standard device for automated calibration. The device does more than just calibration and checking of the analog input ranges. It performs a complete functionality check of your Dewesoft device and it's amplifiers and signal conditioners.
The DS-CALIBRATOR software standard routines contain the check and adjustment of analog ranges, filters, sensor excitations, counters, power supplies, bridge completions, shunts, analog output, sync, CAN bus.
If all checks pass for all channels, it will update the calibration data on the device and create a professional calibration report in PDF format. The calibration reports are always accessible online via your device serial number.
Factory Calibration Procedure
Dewesoft factory calibration is not just a calibration of input and output parameters (analog input and analog output) but is also a functional check of the complete instrument. The calibration procedure is completely automatic.
It is not ISO certified calibration, but it is done with the ISO certified equipment (certified every year) and with the same method as it is performed in the ISO institute.
We calibrate the following parameters:
- Analog inputs: Different sample rates, ranges, DualCoreADC check. Calibration & test.
- Analog outputs: Different sample rates, ranges, DualCoreADC check. Calibration & test.
- Excitation voltage and current: Calibration & test.
- Charge: Calibration & test.
- Temperature: Calibration & test.
- Resistance: Calibration & test.
- CMR: Calibration & test.
- SNR: Different sample rates, ranges, DualCoreADC check. Test.
- Filter: Low pass, high pass. Test.
- Bridge Mode: Different types, shunts. Test.
- Counters: All 3 counters, 5V; 12V. Test.
- TEDS Sensors: Test.
- Motherboard test
- VCXO: PPS signal. Calibration & test.
- SYNC: Test.
- CAN: Data RX-TX, 5V, 12 V. Test.
Dewesoft Worldwide Calibration Labs
Dewesoft offers local factory calibration labs in the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- United Kingdom
- The United States of America
Recalibration for all Dewesoft devices can be done in any of the above countries locally. If your country is not on the list we will either recalibrate in our Slovenian headquarters calibration lab or in the closest country for the fastest lead time.
We offer our customers a very short processing time for the calibration of sent measuring equipment.
Accredited ISO Calibration
Accredited calibrations of measurement instruments are needed when formal third-party recognition of calibration is required. This recognition is for example required for instruments used as reference standards, or to meet various demands from different authorities.
An accredited calibration is traceable to national institutes such as NIST, NPL, or PTB. Calibration certificates are issued in compliance with the requirements of the ISO/IEC 17025 and are recognized by all the major international accreditation organizations. Accredited calibration certificates are considered legally accepted documentation.
For the final qualification of your product, or if you are working in the field of measurement service, it is important to have a certificate that the instrument has been calibrated by an accredited laboratory. We are an Accredited calibration laboratory by an accreditation body i.e. Slovenian Accreditation in Slovenia, which is a full Member ILAC MRA signatory. Also, we are collaborating with partner laboratories locally and around the world, who can perform the internationally recognized ISO/IEC 17025 accredited calibration. The laboratories are audited periodically to ensure continued compliance.
- ISO calibration is done according to the SIST EN ISO/IEC 17025 standard.
- Analog DC input parameters are calibrated.
- The factory calibration is done with the same method using DS-Calibrator, DS-CAL-BOX, FLUKE reference calibrator, and Agilent multimeter.
Acoustic Calibration Services
We offer traceable acoustic calibration services according to international IEC and ANSI standards and ensure that your instrument accurately indicates the required measurement parameters.
Calibrations are documented, traceable, and digitally signed in cooperation with accredited calibration laboratories.
To learn more about acoustic microphone calibration and sound measurement devices calibration please visit the Acoustic Calibration Services webpage.
GPS and INS/IMU Calibration
We also perform the calibration for our GPS receivers, Inertial Measurement Units, and Inertial Navigation Systems (INS/IMU systems).
Calibration is performed on ISO certified equipment and with the same method as performed by ISO institutes.
Current Transducer Calibration
Factory and ISO calibration are possible for all Dewesoft current sensors and transducers as well as your existing current transducers.
All types of current transducers can be calibrated - Iron current clamps, Rogowski coils, Hall-type current sensors, Isolated Current transducers, Flux Gate, Shunts, Zero flux transducers, and others.
A multipoint AC/DC calibration up to kA range is performed. If needed, even an additional bandwidth calibration up to kHz range, as used in e.g. railway noise current measurements, is possible.
The Dewesoft Power and Power Quality Analyzers can be checked by a complete Power calibration (and ISO Power calibration) including current transducers and cabling at different power factors.
Are Dewesoft DAQ devices calibrated before sent to a customer?
Do you offer ISO 17025 calibration?
Dewesoft offers ISO 17025 calibration for all Dewesoft data acquisition systems and sensors. Calibration is performed by an in-house Dewesoft accredited calibration laboratory and accredited partner laboratories locally and around the world.
What is ISO/IEC 17025?
ISO/IEC 17025 is the main ISO standard used by testing and calibration laboratories. In most countries, ISO/IEC 17025 is the standard for which most labs must hold accreditation in order to be deemed technically competent. In many cases, suppliers and regulatory authorities will not accept test or calibration results from a lab that is not accredited.
Originally known as ISO/IEC Guide 25, ISO/IEC 17025 was initially issued by the International Organization for Standardization in 1999. There are many commonalities with the ISO 9000 standard, but ISO/IEC 17025 is more specific in requirements for competence and applies directly to those organizations that produce testing and calibration results and is based on somewhat more technical principles.
Laboratories use ISO/IEC 17025 to implement a quality system aimed at improving their ability to consistently produce valid measurement results.