Our customer, a new manufacturer of Electric Vehicles, needs to validate the performance of ADAS functions of their products. AEB test was performed according to the GB/T 33577-2017 standard. We did the tests below due to time and test field.
- Record the AEB’s commands via CAN & video and display them live during testing
- Constantly measure the distance between subject Vehicle and the target vehicle
- Stationary POV test. This test evaluates the ability of the FCW function to detect a stopped lead vehicle. In order to pass the test, the FCW alert must be issued when the time-to-collision (TTC) is at least 2.1 seconds.
The subject vehicle with DS-IMU2 inertial measurement unit:
The front vehicle with DS-VGPS-HSC:
DATA ACQUISITION SYSTEM
SENSORS AND TRANSDUCERS • DS-VGPS-HSC
- DS-IMU2 inertial measurement unit
- DS-VGPS-HSC 100 Hz GPS sensor
- DS-WIFI2 wireless communication package
- Logitec C920 web cameras (3x)
- Dewesoft X
- Dewesoft X Polygon plugin
AEB test setup
We need to setup CAN, video, DS-IMU2, and DS-VGPS-HSC in Dewesoft. We also need to configure the Subject vehicle, the Front vehicle and the route in the Polygon plugin. Clearance and TTC can be calculated by polygon and math function.
When the customer did the test, he could see important parameters (velocity, clearance, TTC and so on) online clearly. When the customer finished the test, he was able to see more details. Everything is recorded synchronously.
The whole measurement took less than one day. We installed all the devices and sensors in the morning. The real tests were performed in the afternoon. The customer’s Electric Vehicle could pass the test, but we couldn’t get all AEB data from the CAN port, because the manufacturer doesn’t output all parameters. The customer is satisfied with fast installation, easy setup and powerful online data processing.