Condition Monitoring Software
- READY TO USE HIGH-LEVEL WEB-BASED SOFTWARE: The Dewesoft Machine Condition Monitoring software includes a web-based overview of the machinery state, indispensable for quick decision making.
- IN-DEPTH MACHINE CONDITION ANALYSIS FEATURES: Thousands of software features relevant to PdM experts are available including FFT-analyzer, time-domain analysis, orbit plot, order tracking, waterfall diagram, trend statistics, enveloping, bearing fault detection.
- HISTORIAN TIME-SERIES DATABASE: Historical data can be permanently stored in a database on a local or cloud server and can be used for trends as well as for later in-depth analysis and root cause identification.
- CONNECTIVITY WITH OPC UA: Data can be integrated into any 3rd party control system using the OPC UA protocol.
- DATA ACCESS FROM ANYWHERE: Data can be accessed from the client’s local computer, mobile phone devices, control system, or remotely via a pre-configured web browser application.
- LIFETIME FREE SOFTWARE UPGRADES AND SUPPORT: The software package is always evolving and new features are being added. We offer lifetime FREE software upgrades and technical support to all our users.
Software Architecture Overview
Calculations on raw data are performed on measurement units running DewesoftX software offering thousands of features including:
- Integration (acceleration to velocity) or derivation (displacement to velocity) of any acquired channel
- Low- and high-pass filters
- Order tracking (cont. & run-up / shut-down)
- Envelope detection
- Tracking filters
- Octave band analysis
- Torsional, rotational vibration
Measurement units can either provide raw data for further display and calculations to the Client PC or in a reduced format to the Historian Database for permanent storage.
Historical data available in the Historian time database can be displayed using the Web client or PC client. The web client interface is accessible from any web browser, making it a cross-platform and mobile solution. It provides an overview of the most important machine health data and its trend over time. It also provides email alerts.
PC Client is running a standard Dewesoft X3 Machine Condition Monitoring Software offering a detailed display of calculation results from the database including:
- Acceleration, velocity, and displacement measurements
- 3D Spectrum Trend
- Envelope detection
- Run up/Coast-down analysis
- Torsional and rotational vibration analysis
- Octave Band Analysis
- Machine Elements identification
Dewesoft Historian - Database Storage
The Historian software package provides a time-series database for long term data storage. The database can be either located locally, on the remote server or in the cloud. The solution is based on the InfluxDB time-series database open source project.
Historian provides several useful features for your historic data:
- Raw and reduced data: while raw data is always stored on the measurement unit for an in-depth analysis, Historian takes the role of long-term reduced data storage into the cloud database.
- Data safety and retransmit: if the connection between the measurement hardware and the database is lost, the data is safely stored locally on the measurement unit and then retransmitted to the database when the connection is available.
- Trending and Analysis: Historical data can always be recalled and loaded from the Historian database and used for trend analysis as well as for in-depth analysis and root cause identification.
Web Client for Overview and Alerts
The web client interface is accessible from any web browser, making it a cross-platform and mobile solution. It provides an overview of the most important machine health data and its trend over time.
Alarm and alert levels can be set on each display and tied to email/SMS notifications.
The solution is based on the Grafana open source project which was enhanced by Dewesoft to support features like vector display (FFT) and selective loading of historical data which dramatically speeds up the loading of long term data in the displays.
Industry 4.0 (IIoT) Connectivity With OPC UA
Cloud Software infrastructure is available for graphical representation of the machine state. Visualization and monitoring technology of long-term trends is available. On top of that thresholds and alarms are available to be used in combination with e-mail or SMS notifications.
The user interface can be easily customized according to customer's requirements. The data is streamed from the Dewesoft DAQ software running on the local PC over OPC into a database. The database can run on a local server or in the cloud.
Data transfer from Dewesoft to SCADA is straightforward by using the Dewesoft OPC UA Server or Client modules. In this case, Dewesoft software acts as a SCADA server or client, depending on the requirements set by the customer.
Industrial communication protocols
Several industrial interfaces and protocols are open either to serve or read data. OPC UA, Siemens S7, MODBUS, Serial communication, and EtherCAT/Ethernet communication protocols are supported as optional upgrades.
Acceleration, Velocity, and Displacement
Any number of the acquired channel can be integrated (acceleration to velocity) or derived (displacement to velocity). Acceleration, velocity, and displacement channels are preconfigured for machine monitoring needs.
The software offers a very simple way to display and visualize acceleration, velocity, and displacement waveform, and spectrum plots, all in real-time.
Integration and derivation channels can be reconfigured in detail:
- Freely settable high-pass and low-pass filters (type, order, frequency)
- Freely settable sampling and FFT resolution for each signal - enables high-frequency resolution in the band of interest with a low number of lines
Spectrum Trend 3D Graph
Frequency spectrum data over time represents key information about the machine’s behavior. DewesoftX 3D graph visual component is, therefore, an indispensable tool for continuous condition monitoring.
Both frequency and order domains can be displayed on the 3D graph.
Advanced 3D graph functionalities include:
- Linear or logarithmic amplitude scale
- Surface or line representation
- Full-time history or selected time interval display
Continuous and Run-up / Coast-down Monitoring
The order tracking software module supports both typical analysis types:
- Continuous - constant RPM
- Run-up / coast-down - increasing/decreasing RPM during machine start and stop routines
The monitoring software automatically detects the operation mode and provides order domain data over time during continuous operation and over RPM during run-up and coast-down.
Order amplitude values over time or over RPM can be extracted in their own channels that can be used for further computation.
Frequency Spectrum Machine Elements Identification
The software allows for simple identification of machine parts in the frequency spectrum:
- Input and output shafts
Machine parts are defined by their characteristic multiplier of the base RPM. Harmonic markers help distinguish between harmonic and base frequencies. Markers can be used with any quantity on the horizontal axis:
- Frequency in Hz
- Rotational speed in RPM or CPM
Bearing and Gear Analysis
Enveloped acceleration is used to demodulate high-frequency acceleration spikes into the characteristic bearing and gear mesh frequencies.
A large database of bearings is readily available and open to additional entries by the user.
The software module identifies the frequencies of interest in the spectrum for each part of the bearing.
Check out the Bearing envelope analysis brochure from Dewesoft.
Envelope Detection - Energy and Peak Available
The envelope detection algorithm is highly configurable:
- No limit on high-pass filter frequency - especially suitable for low speed rotating machinery in combination with Dewesoft ASI-1xVIB acceleration sensor with 0 Hz to 10 kHz flat frequency response.
- Both RMS and PEAK values can be calculated, representing the energy of the spikes (RMS) or the peak value of the spikes (PEAK).
Envelope signal can be displayed in any of the plots:
- Time waveform
- Frequency spectrum with Hz or RPM on the horizontal axis
- Order spectrum
Tracking Filters - Advanced Spectrum Analysis
Tracking filters allow you to track specific orders of the rotating frequency.
This allows to only extract the signal around a specific order band into a separate channel.
The extracted channel can be converted into the frequency domain and subtracted from the original spectrum. This allows the user to remove frequency bands specific to a certain machine part from the spectrum and analyze only the remainder of the spectrum in a separate channel.
After the monitoring software detects unbalance, the Dewesoft X DAQ software offers a rotor balancer module that provides an intuitive step-by-step approach to balance the rotors:
- Single or dual-plane balancing on-site
- Simple step-by-step procedure
- Rich visualization
- Weight splitting
- Storage of influence vectors
Learn more about the Rotor Balancing module:
Octave Band Analysis
Octave band analysis is used for condition monitoring based on a machine sound footprint over a wide frequency range. Dewesoft octave analysis solution meets all of the IEC and ANSI Class I specifications for octave filters.
Octave Band Analysis core features:
- True octave analysis
- Synthesized analysis
- Resolution up to 1/24 octave
- Frequency sound weighting
- Frequency averaging
Learn more about the octave band analysis module:
Torsional and Rotational Vibration
Torsional vibrations are quite often a source of issues and faults on long shafts. Rotational and torsional vibration module provides in-depth analysis into torsional angle behavior between two ends of a shaft as well as into vibration of the rotating velocity.
- Easy sensor setup; no need for the same sensor type on both ends
- Access to all data: resulting channels used in further calculation
- Advanced math: input filters, rotational DC filters
- Order tracking analysis integration
Learn more about the torsional vibration analysis module:
Orbit Analysis with Orbit Plot
Orbit analysis is a necessary tool for vibration analysis of rotating machinery. The process is essentially an extension of time waveform analysis plotting time-domain data from a pair of orthogonal probes on an orbit graph with consideration for the physical location of the proximity probes.
Out of the box, Dewesoft Orbit Analysis Solution packs the entire set of industry-proven analysis metrics, supporting calculation and graphical representation of:
- Raw orbit
- Averaged orbit
- Filtered orbit
- Polar plot
- Bode plot
- Shaft centerline
- Full-motion graph
- Clearance circle
- Runout compensation
- Reference orbit
- Complete set of waterfalls.