LONG-RANGE Wireless Data Acquisition
- LONG RANGE: With high output power DS-WIFI4 now provides a longer data transfer range up to 2km in an open environment.
- PERFECT SIZE: Because of the small and compact size of the wireless modems, they can be placed anywhere on the vehicle, motorcycle, or any other object.
- RUGGED, RELIABLE, AND WATERPROOF: The modems and antennas are built in a rugged, waterproof sealed industrial-grade metal case.
- 2.4/5 GHz SOFTWARE SELECTABLE WITH AC SUPPORT: Gigabit Ethernet port supports 2.4 GHz, 5GHz, and all the legacy wireless modes with up to 80 MHz wide channel - 802.11 b/g/n for 2.4 GHz / 802.11 a/n/ac for 5 GHz.
- MOUNTING ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: the DS-WIFI kit includes all mounting and cabling accessories that you need in order to connect your DAQ systems.
Wireless Data Acquisition
The brand new DS-WIFI4 Wi-Fi modems are used for wireless data transfer between our data acquisition systems while testing and for remote measurement applications.
WiFi Data Acquisition in comparison to wired connections offers freedom and flexibility when it comes to remote data acquisition, analysis, and control. Usually, it is used on moving vehicles to transfer the data to the base station where, for example, precise adjustments can be made based on the remote real-time track data, or only data can be analyzed.
The wireless transfer can reach up to a 2km range in line of sight and have selectable Dual Band frequencies of 2.4GHz and 5 GHz.
Compatible With All Dewesoft DAQs
DS-WIFI can be used with any Dewesoft DAQ system that requires a remote connection data transfer from or to a remote location. DS-WIFI requires a PC computer for work. It can be used with:
- Modular Dewesoft DAQ system connected to a standard PC or to one of our own industrial grade and rugged SBOX or KRYPTON CPU computers.
- DAQ system with an integrated computer such as MINITAURs, SIRIUS models R1DB, R2DB, R3, R4, or R8.
Multiple computers and multiple running DewesoftX software instances are then connected, controlled, and do communicate over Dewesoft NET.
Wireless data transfer is used when at least two DAQ devices need to share data wirelessly with each other or need to control each other.
We can find such applications in the automotive, marine, and aerospace sectors where there is a frequent need for wireless data transfer from target vehicles to the base stations, or between two moving vehicles.
It is also often used in industrial and manufacturing applications to control the measurement or to perform remote measurement analysis.
2km | 433 Mbit/s
Awesome Range and Speed
The DS-WIFI has a long wireless range that can reach up to 2km in an open environment. In a closed or environment with obstacles, the range and speed can be limited.
Dewesoft range and speed test data:
|Distance [m]||Bandwidth [kB/s]||Status|
Rugged and Reliable
DS-WIFI is built in a rugged metal case that is fully sealed and completely waterproof. This makes it perfect for outdoor testing and can easily be used in rainy and dusty conditions.
DS-WIFI wireless modems can operate in the temperature range from -40°C up to 70°C.
Small and Compact
Place It Anywhere
With a smaller and more compact size, DS-WIFI can easily be placed everywhere on the vehicle, motorcycle, or any other object. The DS-WIFI package includes mounting accessories that will help you mount it on your object. Here is what is included in the package:
- 2x DS-WIFI4 modem
- 2x magnet mount
- 2x suction cup mount
- 2x POE injector
- 2x Dewesoft daisy chain cable (for power from Sirius)
- 2x power supply (with adapters for different power outlets)
- 2x Antenna
- 2x right angle mount for the antenna
- 2x ethernet cable