We offer an easy-to-use measurement system for brake testing and ABS testing according to ECE, ISO, FMSSV, and SAE international standards. Our test system offers automated workflow, is flexible and robust and used for brake R&D, brake comfort and vehicle testing with regenerative braking. High-accuracy GPS and IMU hardware are available to achieve the highest possible velocity and distance accuracy.
Vehicle Brake Test and ABS Testing
- REAL-TIME RESULTS: Dewesoft X software shows all validation and visualizes results in real-time during the test itself. Additional math or visualizing can be added later in post-processing if needed.
- AUTOMATED WORKFLOW: Dewesoft X sequencer offers to automate testing procedures for the test operator. Brake test module includes a pre-defined test sequence that guides the driver through the testing procedure.
- AUTOMATED REPORT GENERATION: Brake test module will automatically generate testing reports from your test runs.
- DOWN TO 2 CM POSITION ACCURACY: We offer high-accuracy GPS or IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) hardware with optional RTK support which offers highest possible velocity and positioning accuracy.
- BRAKE PEDAL SENSOR: Direct brake pedal force, travel, and pressure sensor inputs are available via analog or CAN interface.
- BRAKE TEMPERATURE: The Same system can measure and log multiple brake temperatures.
- SYNCHRONIZED ACQUISITION OF MULTIPLE SOURCES: Additional synchronized acquisition of other sources is possible within the same system CAN, OBDII, J1939, FlexRay, XCP/CCP, Video, etc.
- SUPPORTED STANDARDS: Brake test system offers brake test according to several international standards like ECE13H, FMVSS 135, etc.
- SEVERAL APPLICATIONS: Dewesoft brake test system has built-in analysis for standard brake tests (ECE13H, FMVSS 135, etc), ABS testing, Braking comfort and the possibility to add additional test standards or maneuvers like tire test, acceleration test, handling test and/or fuel consumption tests.
- LIFETIME FREE SOFTWARE UPGRADES AND SUPPORT: Our data acquisition systems come bundled with award-winning Dewesoft X data acquisition software. The software package is always evolving and new features are being added. We offer lifetime FREE software upgrades and technical support to all our users.
Flexible Brake Testing System
The Dewesoft brake test system covers a variety of braking testing needs for testing vehicle brakes and ABS brakes. Due to the high flexibility of the data acquisition and data logging system, the brake test system can also be configured for testing braking comfort and vehicles with regenerative brake systems.
For the brake testing system, it is essential that the measurements of braking distance have the high-accuracy possible. This key-parameter can make the difference between having an accident or not.
Dewesoft uses a 100 Hz based GPS/GLONASS or inertial measurement system, to achieve the highest possible accuracy. Online checks for validation and all the results are visualized and available instantly online in the real-time. Additional integrated post-processing mathematics and reporting tools are available for later analysis.
This makes Dewesoft brake testing system a complete all-in-one testing solution for brake testing.
Brake Testing Calculations
You can use the built-in brake test calculation provided by the module or use Dewesoft X's extensive math modules to define your own custom calculations. Calculated parameters are:
- start speed of the braking,
- stopping time,
- brake deceleration over the complete measurement,
- corrected brake distance and MFDD factor according to the international standard,
- derivation of acceleration used to check the passenger comfort.
Calculations are performed immediately after brake test is finished. The driver has instant access and visual feedback to the brake test parameters.
For custom calculations options visit Dewesoft X analysis page for more detailed information and possibilities.
Automated Testing Workflow
Brake testing module includes a predefined testing sequence to perform an automated brake test maneuver according to ECE13H regulation standard. This sequence can furtherly be customized by the user to fit it perfectly into the driver and/or test engineer needs for the most straight forward operation during the testing maneuver.
Brake Test System Configuration Examples
Basic Brake Testing for Homologation and According to ECE13H Standard
- 100 Hz GPS based measurement of speed and distance
- Possibility to correct data with IMU
- Including brake test plugin and automated workflow with the sequence according to standard
R&D Brake Testing System
- 500 Hz update rate of speed and distance with the DS-IMU2 inertial measurement unit
- Scalable from 8 to 1000 analog channels
- Possibility to measure braking balance
- Brake noise/frequency (Judder, Groan, Hum, Moan,..) with online FFT analyzer
- Modal analysis of brake disc
Supported Automotive Brake Testing Standards
Our brake testing measurement solution supports all major international automotive brake testing standards:
- ECE 13H: Passenger Car Braking - Uniform Provisions Concerning the Approval of Passenger Cars with Regard to Braking.
- ECE R90: ECE Regulation specifying design, construction, and performance requirements and test protocols for replacement brake linings for roadgoing motor vehicles and trailers.
- ECE R78
- ISO 21994: Passenger cars — Stopping distance at straight-line braking with ABS — Open-loop test method.
- FMVSS 135
- SAE J2909: Light Vehicle Dry Stopping Distance.
Free Online Brake Test Training and Resources
Dewesoft PRO training is a free online training portal for measurement professionals. Learn how to measure signals, data processing, and how to use Dewesoft products. Online PRO training is completely free.
Online resources related to brake testing: