The SBOXe and SBOXre industrial PCs are now available with a faster and more powerful 11th generation Intel® Core™ processor. The upgrade is available for different SBOX versions and enclosures:
- SBOXe: a standalone SBOXe slice for SIRIUS modular units
- SBOXre: an integrated rack slice for the R8 high-channel-count data acquisition system.
SBOXe data processing computer and data logger
SBOXre data processing computer inside rack mountable R8 data acquisition system
Currently, the new SBOXre v2 is available only for R8, R8R, R8rt and R8Rrt systems.
General SBOX features that have changed with this upgrade:
- A replacement of COM Express modules to 11th generation Intel CPU COM Express Type 6 COMPACT modules (check CPU comparison below)
- 2.5 GLAN interfaces provide the highest bandwidth for data transfer
- A memory upgrade to 32GB (optional up to 48 GB)
- Storage: removable high-speed SSD and 1 TB NVMe internal M2 SSD on board with a 1 TB / 2 TB removable SATA SSD option
- CPU power consumption: 15 W (typ.) / 28 W (max.)
Here is a benchmark comparison between the new i5-1145G7E CPU (SBOX v2) vs. the current existing i7-6822EQ CPU. We used this CPU benchmark tool for comparison.
For more information, please visit the SBOX product page.