A road load data acquisition system from Dewesoft is a perfect vehicle durability testing solution for real-drive tests or tests on the road simulator test benches. Our advanced DAQ technologies will shorten time to test dramatically and make sure you get the correct measurements right the first time.
Vehicle Durability Testing
and Road Load Data Acquisition
- ANY SENSOR CONNECTION: Virtually any analog, counter, and digital sensor can be connected and data acquired synchronized down to microseconds. Measure vibration, strain & stress, voltage, etc.
- SIMPLE MTS CONTROLLER INTEGRATION: Any SIRIUS data acquisition system equipped with an EtherCAT interface can use EtherCAT and USB interfaces to provide real-time data to a 3rd party control system (MTS) and full-speed data to Dewesoft X software in parallel.
- OTHER DATA SOURCES: Additional synchronized acquisition of other sources is possible within the same system - CAN, CAN FD, GPS, GYRO, OBDII, J1939, FlexRay, XCP/CCP, Video, etc.
- HIGH-CHANNEL DAQ SYSTEMS: The system can easily be scaled from 8 to 1000's of channels.
- HIGH ISOLATION: All inputs offer high ±1000V galvanic channel-to-channel and channel-to-ground isolation to prevent ground loops and keep the maximum signal quality.
- SAMPLING RATE UP TO 1MS/SEC: Analog inputs are available with a simultaneous sampling rate of up to 1 MS/sec per channel.
- HIGH DYNAMIC 160 dB: Our highest-performing SIRIUS waterproof offers dual 24-bit ADC with the high dynamic range 160 dB in time and frequency domain.
- ANTI-ALIASING FILTER: All input offer high-quality 24-bit aliasing free sampling.
- TEDS: The data acquisition systems implement TEDS sensor technology. Connected sensors equipped with TEDS will be automatically recognized and configured.
- ONE DAQ SYSTEM FOR ROAD AND LAB TESTING: R8rt system and SIRIUS modular can be used to record the data on the real roads or proving ground and also in the lab to replay the recorded data on the road simulator. Included EtherCAT slave port can feed the data to any EtherCAT master controller in real-time. The solution offers very easy integration with an MTS road simulator with one cable only.
- ADDITIONAL ANALYSIS: Possibility to combine different applications and analysis with the same system. Vehicle dynamics, combustion analysis, vibrations, etc. are just a few applications that can be combined with the same solution in one synchronized data file.
- EXPORT DATA: Software offers to export data in several different data formats like RPC III for use with testbeds or for additional post analysis in Matlab, Excel, Diadem, FlexPro, FAMOS, UNV and others.
- LIFETIME FREE SOFTWARE UPGRADES AND SUPPORT: Our data acquisition systems come bundled with award-winning Dewesoft X data acquisition software. The software package is always evolving and new features are being added. We offer lifetime FREE software upgrades and technical support to all our users.
Durability Testing Overview
Road load data acquisition (or RLDA) is an excellent method for measuring precise vehicle response. It takes into account all types of essential vehicle and driving parameters, such as mass, inertia, air and rolling resistance, road characteristics, engine loads, and vehicle speed. These road load data is used to derive a durability target.
A road load data acquisition system is capable of recording the data during real test drives under extreme conditions. Various smart technologies ensure to avoid re-runs and shorten the time of testing dramatically.
Our road load acquisition system can be extended to thousands of channels and is capable of recording analog, digital, counter, CAN, CAN FD, XCP/CCP, FlexRay, Video, GPS, and many other data other sources, all inside a single box with perfect synchronization. Virtually any sensor can be connected and acquired during the drive.
The system is very easy to install, configure, and is ready in a matter of seconds after the sensors mounting. Highly reliable and sophisticated DAQ hardware offers "worry-free" measurements.
Compact All-in-one Data Acquisition Systems
The R8 line of data acquisition instruments offers high channel count in a very compact and robust chassis. It also features built-in SSD data logging and powerful data processing computer in a single box. The system can be powered directly from the vehicle battery and/or can be optionally configured with an internal high capacity Li-ion battery for maximum reliability.
The system can be configured with up to 128 analog channels, 64 counter channels, 192 digital channels, 8 CAN ports, 100 Hz GPS sensor and 64 analog outputs.
Dewesoft X software offers additional acquisition of CAN, CAN FD, XCP/CCP, FlexRay, GPS and Inertial measurement units, multiple video cameras, gyro platforms, and wheel force transducers - Kistler KiRoad.
Powerful Data Acquisition Software
Award-winning Dewesoft X software provides powerful and easy to use measurement and analysis features:
- sensor autodetection with TEDS,
- sensor database,
- automatic unit conversion,
- automated sensor balancing,
- shunt calibration to quickly check the measurement chain of bridge amplifiers,
- powerful storing capabilities - continuous, triggered on events, etc.
- raw data storage,
- online visualization and validation,
- powerful analysis features and data export to several standard file formats.
Digital Interface to 3rd Party Durability Test Benches
R8rt and SIRIUS DAQ systems include dual EtherCAT and USB data interfaces. DAQ systems can feed real-time data to a 3rd party control system and record full-speed data to Dewesoft X software in parallel. This makes our durability recording system unique and allows the DAQ system to be used directly in the control loop and as a DAQ recording device at the same time.
DAQ systems can provide acquired samples in digital form to the test bench control (such as MTS road simulator) if it supports the EtherCAT interface. This reduces a cost for the customer dramatically as the solution requires only a single cable from our DAQ systems to the test bench controller. It also eliminates the need for a high-level analog input stage on the controller side. Slide the photo right to see the number of cables eliminated at one of our customers by replacing the existing system with our R8rt instrument.
Application Note - MTS Road Simulator Integration
Read application note "Road Load Data Logger and Signal Conditioning for MTS Test Bench" and see how Dewesoft DAQ system can bring the cost of the durability test in the field and lab testbed as simple as riding a bike.